Friday 28 June 2013

My Fantasy, My Theater of Dreams...

It has always been my childhood dream to go to London because of the London Bridge nursery rhyme, and till today I still can't get the song right. Whatever it is, ever since I knew Manchester United Football Club during my school days, I don't really want to know if the London bridge is falling down or not. I just want to go to Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester. Attend the Manchester United tour, visit the official merchandise shop and watch the guys train or a live match. I know I have to save up big time as flight ticket prices here in my country will not only burn ones pocket but can burn oneself! Dead serious it's bloody costly. My only option as an ordinary guy is only save up. I wish I could have won an all expense-paid to my dream destination...I wish...and yup, for now the picture below is the closest I can get!


Anyway, Spain has again dominated in the world of football. This time it's the under-21 squad. With Manchester United target Barcelona attacking midfielder, bagging a hat-trick and United no.1 man between the goalpost, to lift the Under-21 Championships Cup beating Italy Under-21 with the score 4-2. I can't watch due to no televised here but seriously are there any other country that can run them over? Or these guys just won't stop bullying anyone who come across them? At the moment, it looks like it's not going to happen even their rising stars are playing really well.

During my younger years, there were Brasil with the likes of Romario, Bebeto, Dunga, Leonardo, Ronaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Denilson, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and many more. It looked like as if it was always going to Brasil for life but look where they are now. They are just like any other ordinary team with no stars. I have been supporting Brasil even before I knew Manchester United Football Club. It's really sad seeing them lost their Samba as years passes by. I wish them all the best and I hope the junior of the above-mentioned players will eventually rule the football world again.

Right after Brasil's domination, there was France. Zinadine Zidane is as popular as Michael Jackson in the football world. Everyone wanted to either be like or played with Zidane. His infamous head-butt during the final game with Italy has somehow dimmed his limelight as the former 3 times World Player of the Year, hung his boots for good. Together with Didier Deschamps, Bixente Lizarazu, Emmanuel Petit, Youri Djorkaeff, they too looked unstoppable back then. Until nature took it's own cause, they aged!

Now the Spanish team both senior and junior squad, look like the formidable forces in all competitions. To me they are like the European Samba boys, very skillful with flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment